Sunday, April 9, 2017

wanting to read

B has a unique super power that he inherited from P.  P is able to sing by just mimicking the shape of your mouth.  B does the same thing with reading.  He is able to mimic the words I say in singing or reading just a split second after I say them.  He really sounds like he is reading in time with me, just a tiny bit slow. 

I've assigned the other children to read a book with B every day as part of their work.  I'm also enjoying reading with B a lot.  He's so fun.  He just has such a visible delight in everything.

B is also very good at climbing.  It's amazing the places he get up to on the playground.  Fortunately he looks more like a 5 year old than a 3 year old.  People always felt anxious with my little girls climbing so much.  But B looks old enough to be doing the high climbing and perching.

B can ride a bike with training wheels very well now.  He has ridden around the block twice now.  He's learning to pull aside when a car comes.  It's so sweet watching him learn to use his body and have so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment